UK Immigration & Nationality Lawyers

Academic visitors

Academic visitors

We advise prospective applicants on the best immigration solution to suit their specific circumstances.  It is not uncommon for our clients to be choosing between an Academic Visitor’s visa, a Tier 2 (general) migrant visa, or a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Government Authorised Employee) visa.  Depending on your long-term and short-term objectives, we will work out an action plan and will set out for you the applicable requirements.

The general rule for academic visitors is as follows: those who have been working as an academic in an institution of higher education overseas or in the field of their academic expertise may come to the UK to carry out their own private research or on arranged exchange programmes. Academic visitors may come to an academic conference or seminar, provided it is a single event and the venture is not for profit.

Academic visitors are expected to have reached a certain standing in their area of expertise, and recent graduates are unlikely to qualify in this category unless they can demonstrate their achievements.

Sponsored researchers are expected to apply under Tier 5 – Government Authorised exchange of the Points Based System.

Lecturers are normally expected to seek entry clearance under Tier 2 of the Points Based System.

Academic visitors are not allowed to receive funding for their work from any United Kingdom source, other than payment of expenses to cover their needs whilst in the UK.

Academic visitors and their dependants may come to the UK for a maximum period of 12 months.

2020 Kadmos Consultants / Sitemap / Privacy / Disclaimer / Terms Of Use

Copyright Kadmos Consultants

Speak to a UK Immigration Lawyer! Call +44 (0) 208 930 9503 or send us a message
Complete the form and one of our UK immigration lawyers will be in touch.