UK Immigration & Nationality Lawyers

Tier 1 (Post Study Work) Visa

Tier 1 (Post Study Work) Visa

Tier 1 (Post-study work) route was closed to new entrants in April 2012.

This type of visa was granted to graduates who had competed higher education in the UK and wished to stay in the country after completion of studies to gain work experience.

Post-study work migrants can remain in the UK for up to two years and may take up any type of employment or set up their own business. Tier 1 PSW visa cannot be extended beyond two years. However, you may switch in country to one of the following categories, provided the requirements of immigration rules are met.

Switching from Tier 1 PSW to other immigration categories

Tier 1 PSW migrants are permitted to switch into one of the following categories:

  • Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) with concessionary (£50,000) requirement to capital for those who will be providing professional services at NQF level 4 or above as per Code of practice for Tier 2 sponsors published by the UKBA; for all others, capital requirement is £200,000;
  • Tier 1 investor – minimum £1 million should be available for investment in the UK;
  • Tier 2 (General) with unrestricted certificate of sponsorship.
  • If you are married or in a durable relationship with a person settled in the UK, you may switch to Partner’s visa

Please contact us if you require assistance with an application for extension of stay!

2020 Kadmos Consultants / Sitemap / Privacy / Disclaimer / Terms Of Use

Copyright Kadmos Consultants

Speak to a UK Immigration Lawyer! Call +44 (0) 208 930 9503 or send us a message
Complete the form and one of our UK immigration lawyers will be in touch.