UK Immigration & Nationality Lawyers

Student visitors

Student visitors

This category is for visitors over the age of 18, who wish to undertake a short course of study of up to six months.  It is important to note that the course must be provided by an education institution authorised by the UK Border Agency.

A concession operates from 10 January 2011 allowing English language students (only!) to undertake a course of English as a foreign language that is longer than 6 months but not more than 11 months.  This concession operates outside the immigration rules.  The authority for decision making lies with the Entry Clearance Officer.

Student visitors are not covered by the Points Based System, and do not have to hold any specified amount of money in the bank prior to applying for entry clearance.  They do, however, need to meet the maintenance requirement, in that they need to demonstrate that they have sufficient funds to maintain themselves during their stay in the UK, pay the course fees and pay for their return journey.

Student visitors are not allowed to take up employment in the UK.


2020 Kadmos Consultants / Sitemap / Privacy / Disclaimer / Terms Of Use

Copyright Kadmos Consultants

Speak to a UK Immigration Lawyer! Call +44 (0) 208 930 9503 or send us a message
Complete the form and one of our UK immigration lawyers will be in touch.