UK Immigration & Nationality Lawyers

What is the difference between an EEA family permit and EEA residence card?

Both EEA family permit and EEA residence cards are issued to third country national family members of EU citizens. EEA family permit is similar to entry clearance and is issued by an Entry Clearance Office outside the UK, in the country of the migrant’s habitual residence, and is valid for six months. EEA residence card is issued by the Home Office in the UK and is normally valid for five years. Both documents can be used as confirmation of the right to enter the UK, the right to take up employment, rent accommodation, and register with a GP for primary health care.

Read More

I am a non-EU national and my daughter is French. Do I have the right to move to the UK with my daughter?

You can move to the UK with your daughter if you can demonstrate that your daughter is financially “self-sufficient”, i.e. you will have sufficient means to live in the UK without recourse to public funds. When assessing your means, you cannot rely on the future income from employment in the UK, but you can rely on income from other sources and savings. If you are applying for entry clearance from abroad, you should be issued with an EEA family permit which is valid for six months. You will be applying for an EEA residence card or a “derivative” EEA residence card once in the UK. The residence card or derivative residence card is issued for five years. You should be aware that derived right of residence does not lead to permanent right of residence in the UK. It is important that you seek legal advice if you wish to settle in the UK in the long term.

Read More

2014 Kadmos Consultants / Sitemap / Privacy / Disclaimer / Terms Of Use

Design by Boshanka

Speak to a UK Immigration Lawyer! Call +44 (0) 208 930 9503 or send us a message
Complete the form and one of our UK immigration lawyers will be in touch.